Friday, February 20, 2015

Thursday and Friday (Days 2 and 3)

See, I'm already behind in my reporting!

Yesterday was not the best.  I did what I needed, but not with the best of heart attitudes.  Giving up myself for Lent is much easier said than done.  One of those, "it's a good idea in theory" but the reality is much harder.

So, I made tea.  Which so shouldn't be a "thing."  But sadly, it is.  It's a detail, and I don't do details well.  The Engineer likes tea.  (I guess, given where I live, I should say sweet iced tea.)  Given all his dietary issues, tea with real sugar is one of the few things he can drink other than water and milk.  It's also a source of calories.  Which is another thing that he struggles with, getting enough calories.  So I make tea.  Only I'm not very consistent.

Also, I took the girls to get something Elizabeth needed for a blood model for her science.  But this time, not because I was being a servant, but because I decided I could handle the trip to the store.  There was nothing serving about what I did.  And that's the heart of the problem -- how my heart and attitude are.  *sigh*

Then there's today.  Today, a good friend of mine took the Doctor and the Doctor's best friend (who is also my friend's son) out for the day.  Just the four of us.  Which was amazing, and fun and full of energy!  I love these two kiddos, and am so very glad that they are friends.  The Doctor is definitely a much happier girl because of knowing this boy.  He is a blessing to her, and really, to our whole family.

So, not much of a servant going on here.  It was so very enjoyable, and really, easy on me.  Only having one of the three, and having such a good friend with me was truly a blessing to my heart.

Both days started with reading my passage for Lent.  I still don't fully even understand this passage, even though I've read it and heard it preached on in my adult life.  I hope, by spending forty-some consecutive days looking at, reading, thinking on, and acting on, the same passage, maybe it will sink in.  Maybe it will make a real difference.  Maybe I can finally get out of the way enough for God to get through to me.

So, anyone reading this, pray for me.  Please.  Please pray that I will do what I need to do, that I will serve well this season.  Pray that I will truly be a servant of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment