Monday, June 9, 2014

Things I Love: True Friends

          Friends.  I love my friends.  There is nothing better than a good, true friend.
          Now, let me be really honest, and admit that I don't need -- or want -- 973 "friends."  Give me one or two (or maybe three) true, tested-and-tried, transparent friends.  That's truly all I need.  All I have ever needed.  I can't keep up with more than that.
          I realize that I'm an oddity in this.  I know most people take a "more is better" attitude when it comes to friends.  I find that, for me, that's just too much.  So give me a very few quality friends, and I am golden!

           Loving people.  Today, we had loads of fun!  The girls and I decided to test homemade bubble stuff recipes.  We made them Saturday night, and today, we had friends over and tested them.  The kids ran and played in the backyard, we tested bubble recipes (and I'll admit the winner surprised me!).
          We got to have lunch together, and they had to go home.  It was fun, and we were so happy to get to see dear friends.  I love having true friends over.  It gives me the opportunity to let people see us as we really are, not all polished up for company.  And if you can't let true friends see how you really are, can you truly call them friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment