Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Things I Love: Family Meal Time

We eat supper together as a family each evening.  And I love it.  Maybe it's because it's all I've really known.  Growing up, my parents, siblings, and I ate together nearly every evening.

Now my husband and I do the same with our children.  I cook 6 or 7 evenings out of each week.  Generally the other evening is take-out, and my husband picks it up on his way home from work.

I know that as the children get older and more "involved," this may change.  But for now, this is one way we can enjoy time together each day.

As for loving people today, I've not planned anything specific.  Today is laundry day for us, and just getting the job done will feel like an accomplishment.  After that, I may play a game with the girls... we'll see!

I'm updating this to add --
I went out shopping for birthday party supplies right after supper.  As I generally dislike shopping, and am D.O.N.E. by supper-time, this was definitely an act of love!  I got most of the rest of the supplies for the upcoming birthday party, and made my (hopefully) last Amazon order.

No comments:

Post a Comment