Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Let me Introduce my Family

It occurred to me that I probably should document who all lives in this house.  That way, if someone other than me (or a very few close friends) ever stumbles upon this blog, there won't be confusion...

First up, my husband.  I'll call him The Engineer, as that is who he is.  It's not "just" what he does.  It's who he is.  How he thinks.  How great is it that he picked his ideal career right from the get-go?!  Definitely a blessing.

Then there's me.  I plan to refer to myself as me, I, myself, as I am not royalty. ;)  I'm a full-time homemaker and homeschooling mom.  The Engineer and I have three girls.

The oldest girl wants to "do something medical with people."  So I'll call her the Doctor.  (Maybe "doc" for short sometimes.)  She's currently 8, and has known this was her career path since before her 2nd birthday.

The middle girl currently wants to be a rancher.  She wants to raise cattle, chickens, goats, and horses.  So, I call her the Cowgirl.  At least for now.  It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up being her career, as it suits her well.  She'll be 7 soon.

The youngest I'll call Fidget.  It's what I call her in real life, anyway.  She has no idea what she wants to do, which is perfectly fine for an almost-4-year-old.  If she still hasn't decided when she's almost 24, we'll be having a different discussion.  The reason for her name is simple -- when in utero, she was the "busiest" of the three girls.  She moved all the time!  She's still this way.  Constant motion.

Finally, there's the animals.  We have an English mastiff (Stonewall), several goldfish (the Fish) in a fluctuating number, and 8 chickens (the Chickens).  The chickens are still getting their feathers.  They spend the days outside in their fence, but we bring them in the house at night.  (In a dog kennel in the laundry room.)  Stonewall is an indoor dog, and is as lazy as they come.  Unless a "stranger" comes to the door.  Then, he's wide awake and on high alert.

No comments:

Post a Comment