Friday, June 13, 2014

Clarification on the Last Post!

It occurred to me that the last post might sound as though I think I have it "all together."  I don't.  I know I don't.  Soooooo, in the spirit of honesty, let me share something we DON'T do well, the girls and I -- we don't get out of the house well.

Y'all, getting out the door should be a major sporting event the way my girls and I do it.  And it's not a short one, like the 100 meter.  It's more like a marathon, or maybe the Iron Man Tri-athalon.  Seriously.  There's, at minimum, getting shoes on and toilet time.  We have a shoe shelf at the door to the garage.  Generally, each girl has at least one pair of shoes on that shelf.  Sometimes, we have to add teeth and hair brushing, sunscreen application, random book/instrument/toy/purse/backpack finding and procuring.  It really shouldn't take that long.

So, why the trouble?  Because it's out of routine.  We don't ROUTINELY leave the house.  As in, many days, we stay home.  And that's an intentional decision.  But, because our routine is to stay home, leaving home lacks routine.  And it's a mess.  Usually, I am worn out before we make it out the door!

So, there it is.  Honesty.  We can't seem to get out the door in a decent amount of time, or without much "weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth."

No comments:

Post a Comment