Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sunday - Thursday (Days 5-9)

I'm obviously several days behind.

I'm trying.  I really am.

This morning, I was having a moment of self-pity.  It doesn't really matter why.  All that matters is I was.  Normally, I would let it go on for a while, let it ruin the rest of my day.

But this morning, I remembered the challenge.  I remembered what I was doing.  As a result, I handled what needed to be done, and my day has been much better than it would normally have been.

I can't say that my attitude improved immediately, but it did improve.  I am working, and I believe God is working in me.

I have not been great at asking my husband what I can do to make his life better.  Some days, I remember, but other days I do not.

I have been feeling conviction that I need to waste less time, to spend more time taking care of the things I need to take care of.  So, I am planning (for the rest of Lent, at least), to stay off the computer except when the girls are "down."  This happens twice -- once for quiet period after lunch, and then at night when they're in bed.  No one "needs" me during that time.  And I usually use quiet period as down time anyway each day.  I've become too dependent on the computer to fill up my days, and I have become lazy in housekeeping, parenting, and homeschooling.  This is not a good way to live.  It isn't being a good servant.  So, at least for Lent, I am minimizing my computer time in order to maximize my service.

It's been good for me to do this.  Kind of a "reset" on some of my bad habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment