Monday, June 2, 2014

Why The June Posts?

        Why am I spending this time writing about things I love, and how I use that to show love to others (mostly)?  Why take a month?
 
        The answer is simple.  I see in myself an ugliness.  An unthankfulness, a lack of graciousness.  I find myself wrapped up in smallness, taking blessings for granted.
 
        So, I am hoping that by focusing on the blessings I have been given, and how I can -- or do -- turn those things around to those around me (mostly my family), that God can use this to retrain me to an attitude centered on thankfulness and humility.
 
        By focusing on the things for which I am thankful, I hope to stop focusing on what is "wrong" (or at least focus less on those things).
 
         By posting here, I hope to add some accountability.  I hope that this will encourage me to follow through.  (Which is something else I am poor at!)

No comments:

Post a Comment