Saturday, June 21, 2014

Things I Love: My Kitchen

Tomorrow is the Cowgirl and Fidget's birthday party.  So I've been spending time in the kitchen today, baking goodies.  And I was struck by how much I love my kitchen.

I baked three cakes, a huge cookie (an entire batch in one giant cookie), and nineteen cupcakes all in one oven, all at the same time.  That makes me so very happy.

Though not large, my kitchen is a workhorse.  When we bought the house we're in, we decided I could get a couple new appliances for the kitchen.  So, I was able to get a double convection oven and an induction cooktop.  I am so very thankful for them both, and am constantly amazed at how well they work, how much they can do.  With counter space at a premium, having a smooth-topped stove has almost doubled the workable space.  It's not perfect, there are a few more changes I'd love to make, but I definitely love my kitchen.  And I will admit that's a first.  I've never had a kitchen I loved before.

Sooo, loving others.  Today, I am getting ready for the younger girls' party.  We are planning on nearly 50 people visiting us tomorrow late afternoon and staying through a cookout supper.  That means cooking and cleaning today.  Not because I feel the need to "impress" them -- they are our friends, after all, and all of them have children; but because I love them, and want to show them that.  One way is to make the house "nice" and have good food (and plenty of it, as there will be teen and near-teen boys there!)  They are taking time out of their busy lives to visit us and share our girls' birthdays with us, and the least I can do is make sure they are comfortable and welcome in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment