Tuesday, April 1, 2014

If I let my Feelings Lead

I woke up this morning not wanting to do anything.  I mean ANYTHING.  I didn't really even want to get up.  I felt lethargic, and lazy...

Here's the problem with that.  There is absolutely no reason for me to feel this way.  I am not sick.  I'm not expecting.  I'm not sleep-deprived.  I'm not depressed.  I have experienced all but that last one.  I'm just having a "down" day.  We all have them.

If I let my feelings lead my actions, I would totally have curled up on the couch today.

And this is why I love built-in accountability.  You see, today is Laundry Day.  (One day, I will explain our system, and why it works for us.)  And because of the limits I've placed on clothing amounts, that means tomorrow, the girls and I would be sans-clothing if laundry doesn't get done TODAY.

Do you know that there's nothing like DOING something to get over that occasional "I-don't-wanna-do-anything" mood?  I don't want to go out and tackle the world, but I DO want to finish the laundry and do the daily stuff (like cooking, cleaning the kitchen, etc.).  I will be REALLY glad tomorrow when I wake up and the girls and I have clothing.

(I feel the need to add two notes:
1.  My husband would still have clothing, because he is a grown-up, and I don't impose limits on his clothing.  So he has more clothing than the three girls and I do combined.  I refuse to treat, speak, or think of my husband as a child.  One of these days, I'll do a post on that.  Maybe.
2.  I am NOT speaking of depression here.  This is just that "off" day we all have occasionally.  You know the ones.  If you are facing depression, or think you may be -- GET HELP.  From a professional.  One with some letters behind his/her name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment